Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default The future of DIY

Pete Verdon d
wibbled on Thursday 14 January 2010 19:24

js.b1 wrote:

- Marmox in various thicknesses
- Kingspan/Celotex in various thicknesses and half-sheets

Couldn't get anything of the sort in B&Q or Wickes the other week. Most
just looked blank; one older lady at B&Q knew what I wanted but said the
nearest thing they had was plain expanded polystyrene.

Given the current fetish for insulation ("energy saving") I find this
surprising.

Pete

Celotex is readily available round here. You just wouldn't actually buy it
at those silly prices.

But they could get rid of that awful looking recycled plastic wool (looks
like afire hazard, even if it is doused in chemicals) and start selling
sheeps wool insulation (why doesn't anyone?).

--
Tim Watts

Icicles - nature's way of pinpointing all the leaks in your guttering...