Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default The future of DIY

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:20:22 +0000, Adrian C wrote:
Take a look into the tools or electricals section in Home Depot US, and
the helpfulness of their staff, and where B&Q is lacking will be pretty
plain.

Interesting. HD's my local 'big' DIY store these days, and it's true they
do some things well - but I've found plenty of staff there who have no
clue about anything, and their prices are typically quite a bit higher
than the farm supply place just down the road, and the quality generally a
little lower (HD's lumber often isn't up to much, and I quite often see
things on the shelves that have been trashed in transit but put out anyway).

cheers

Jules