Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Toshiba lap top problem

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:39:09 -0700, D Yuniskis
wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:44:04 -0700, D Yuniskis
wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:26:10 -0500, Dana wrote:

I know you have to make sure the battery is in the computer before it will
boot. Does anyone know of a way around this? I have a toshiba lap top that
is about 5 years old, and it won't boot. I did try a friend's battery and
it worked then. I am blind and will have to get someone to check the
voltage on the power supply and make sure we have voltage on the terminals
on the computer also. Bet some of you guys have had this problem before.
E-mail me back to this address if you can help. Located in Georgia and
have unlimited long distance. Not verry good at typing out the problem.
Seems you can type pretty good for being so blind that you can't read
a volt meter.
frown This was uncalled for.

Aren't there issues in your local community where you could vent your
disdain for usefull purpose?

I spend a good deal of time dealing with -- and designing
devices to be used by -- people with various disabilities.

Let's flip your criticism of *my* comment around: can
you explain any reason for *your* reply to the original
poster -- besides wanting to see your name in print?

Sight isn't necessary to interact with a computer.
Especially in a forum like this -- devoid of useless graphics, etc.

My aunt is blind. I'll hand her my laptop and have her post a message
and read the replies if any.

Great! Maybe she and Dana can exchange life experiences
and how they each cope with their specific issues!

You're wasting your time arguing with meathead... He's a child in a
man's body, and never will grow up.