Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default TV Licence

In message
, dg
writes
On 12 Jan, 10:36, "Stewart" wrote:
I have no TV but watch the news, weather etc on computer as well as using
bbc iplayer.
I regularly get a notice from the licencing authority telling me that if I
have a receiver (including computer) that can receive "live" tv then I must
buy a licence.
Now I have tried several things to see what is "live".
My digital radio plays the same programme slightly later than my FM radio so
the digital radio cannot be "live".
I was in away at New Year and both watched and listened to the Vienna New
Year concert, it was "live" on FM radio, slightly later on digital radio and
later still on TV so that was not "live",
The news and weather from bbc on the computer are also later than those on a
tv.
Does anyone know what "live" really means?
Thank you.

Has the mystery of "Do TV detector vans exist/work" been solved yet?

Is anyone aware of evidence from such vans/equipment being used in a
prosecution?

Prolly a bit like Thames Valley Police's porche

There is one which sort of works, but spends most of its time at photo
shoots, schools and other publicity functions

--
geoff