Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default How to fix leak in 5k gallon steel water tank on concrete pad

On Jan 13, 10:35*am, Tony wrote:
dpb wrote:
Godspeed wrote:

If this is just a residential installation, why such a large tank or are
not using a pressure pump? *Could potentially go w/ a much smaller
pressure tank far cheaper.

I'm guessing he has no well and is collecting rainwater. *I almost
bought a place that had all the rain from the roofs of the house and the
2000sq ft garage go into tanks. *It wasn't being used anymore because
they now had city water. *The "well guy" could be the guy who pipes that
water to a pump and a normal pressure tank. *Just a guess because I've
seen it before.

Yeah, My Father in law did that. He collected the rain off of his 2700
sqft home and 1800 sqft work shop. Cistern was 7000 gal. I was amazed
at what a small rain it took to fill them.

Jimmie