Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fan Motor ID ?

On 1/13/2010 10:54 AM Sparkey spake thus:

I checked Grainger and reliable parts but this motor is smaller than
the ones I saw.
It's closer to the size of an AC table fan motor. 120 volt CW 2500
rpm

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MVC-002F.jpg

Here's a group of photo bucket pic's of this thing (squirrel cage too)

What you got there, good buddy, is your regular old
fractional-horsepower shaded-pole motor. Not likely to find that at
Grainger or any other place selling new stuff. Better to look at the
surplus vendors, like:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...key word=MMAD
http://www.allelectronics.com
http://www.electronicsurplus.com
http://www.alltronics.com

It'll take some wading through their (often badly-organized) pages, but
I feel confident you'll find something close enough to work.

- a Usenet "apology"