Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default TV Licence

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Stewart" wrote in message
Wow, I never expected so many replies.

From what you all say then if I watch the news or weather on my computer
I had better get myself a licence.

If you watch a BBC iPlayer programme that is live there will be a
statement on the page that tells you that you need a TV licence.

Does anyone know why the blind have to pay more for a colour TV licence
than a black and white TV licence?

TV Licensing charges the blind £71.25 a year to use a colour TV and £24 a
year to use a B&W TV

I wouldn't have thought either were particularly useful to a blind person.

Blind doesn't always mean total blackout. I know a registed blind wood
turner. He has tunnel vision.

mark