Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Toshiba lap top problem

Dana wrote:
I know you have to make sure the battery is in the computer before it
will boot. Does anyone know of a way around this? I have a toshiba lap
top that is about 5 years old, and it won't boot. I did try a friend's
battery and it worked then. I am blind and will have to get someone to
check the voltage on the power supply and make sure we have voltage on
the terminals on the computer also. Bet some of you guys have had this
problem before. E-mail me back to this address if you can help. Located
in Georgia and have unlimited long distance. Not verry good at typing
out the problem.

I do not know what model you have, but I trust you are aware of the
problem that some Satellite models had with the power connector jack??
List what model you are dealing with and perhaps someone can help. The
model I have will power up and boot without a battery if you use the
power adapter to power the unit. If yours will not, it could be that is
why your battery is bad and swapping another from a friend worked.