Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default elbows in underground water pipe

On Jan 12, 3:27*pm, E Z Peaces wrote:
Today I saw the town maintenance man repair the elbow in a 2" plastic
water pipe, two feet deep in sandy soil.

He said water pressure had separated the joint. *His solution was a
steel stake on either side of the joint. *That's what he had before, and
it failed.

It seems to me that enough pressure to separate a joint could also, in
time, move a stake in wet, sandy soil. *Is that the best way to brace an
elbow undeground?

I can think of a lot of things, tie the posts together with strap,
just strap the 2 legs of pipe making a triangle, use something
threaded for the joints, glue it properly to begin with......