Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Fan Motor ID ?

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:02:06 -0800 (PST), Sparkey
wrote:

Hey, a good customer of mine brought in an insertion blower fan unit
for a wood stove which is non functional. Rather than pay another $200
plus to replace the whole blower unit (again, 3rd time), I would like
to replace the 120v AC motor.

I've had a little difficulty tracking the thing down as the company
(CFM) is gone.

The motor has a company logo on it which I can't ID. (Looks like
"RU"?)
Maybe someone could take a look at the snap I took and see if you may
know the manufacturer.

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MVC-015F.jpg

Much obliged,

Spark

1. Post a picture of the entire fan, not just the label.

2. The RU (backwards R) is the underwriter's service mark for a
component.