Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Polystyrene coving

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Steve Firth)
saying something like:

Lovely stuff. Even taking that with a pinch of salt, it's quite amazing
what the food industry can get away with.

Errm, no need for the pinch of salt, that's how it's made.

Look up "pomace oil" and "lampante" for details. Extracted with steam
and hexane, considered unfit for human consumption by most authorities,
but it finds its way into food by the cunning trick of being designated
"fit for human consumption".

Accompanied by a wodge of cash in a brown envelope "From Uncle Tony",
somewhere along the line, I've no doubt.