Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default standard kitchen cabinet depth

"h" wrote in message
I had my cabinets installed away from the wall with a countertop depth of
38" (2" cabinet overhang). That way I can put appliances against the wall
and still have usable counter space in front. I had the space so I used

it.
Otherwise my galley-style kitchen would have a foot of wasted floor space.
Also, this way the fridge is flush with the countertop so it doesn't stick
out like it did with my old set up.

I like this idea except I think I would opt to make the cabinets full depth
and have some sort of sliding shelf arrangement to get to the area in back
when you need to.

Another idea I like is to install the dishwasher on top of a 12 inch high
cabinet. This allows you to load the dishwasher without having to bend over
so far. The down side is that it raises the height of the countertop over
the dishwasher but that makes a perfect spot for the microwave.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.