Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Polystyrene coving

The Natural Philosopher
wibbled on Tuesday 12 January 2010 10:55

Tim W wrote:
Pete Verdon d
wibbled on Tuesday 12 January 2010 01:45

Steve Firth wrote:

Yup, that's "olive oil" which is made by scraping up the waste which
would normally be used for compost or winter fuel from the floor of the
oil mill and treating it with steam and solvents to get out the
residual oil. The resulting substance referred to as "lamp oil" in
Italy is then de-odorised, partially hydrogenated and added with
lecithin and water to make a "spread". Mmmmmmmm enjoy.
Nope, I stick to butter these days.

Pete

Yep - butter is natural...

and olive oil is not?

Not when it's been hydrogenated - I'd call that an artificial process.
Although I realise that not all spreads have been hyrdrogenated - some are
just an emulsified blend of random things.

--
Tim Watts

You know you need more insulation when the snow blanket on the roof makes
the house 3 degrees warmer...