Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NEC for dummies

HeyBub wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 11, 11:16 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I
have a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for
residential wiring.
I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.
Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."
http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html
Affirmative Action proof readers strike again.
Why do you assume a racial component in this? Your bigotry is
becoming tiresome.
Uh, why do you assume "affirmative action" referred to has anything
to do with race?- Hide quoted text -

Maybe because ""affirmative action" is defined as having to do with
race (and gender).

http://www.google.com/search?&q=defi...ative%20action

Actually, it could refer to almost anything, that's why I was asking.

"The term affirmative action refers to policies that take race, ethnicity,
physical disabilities, military career, sex, or a person's parents' social
class into consideration in an attempt to promote equal opportunity or
increase ethnic or other forms of diversity."

When I went through a course to get my broadcast engineering license
over 30 years ago, there was one female in the class. She knew nothing
about electronics and had no practical experience in the field at all.
Me and the other guys had been working in the field of electronics for
some years and took the course so we could breeze through the FCC exam.
The gal in the class learned the answers by rote and passed the test
therefore getting herself a first class ticket from The FCC. She was
immediately hired by a radio station because she was female, a WHITE
female. Those of you who think Affirmative Action applies only to Negro
Americans are the real bigots. Like one of my darker cousins once
remarked: "Hell, dey be stupid white folks too." This Affirmative Action
diversity male bovine droppings nonsense reminds me of the handicap
parking spaces at the front door of the ladder supply house. We had a
blind judge in the county court system who was atrocious, he was a total
idiot who would often fall asleep during court. He was WHITE! I don't
think his stellar performance in the legal field is what got him his
appointment as a judge.

TDD