Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Nine new engines? -- six new transmissions? -- 60 new enginesand transmissions?

Wes wrote:

Have you moved to OZ already?

No, and right now I'm hoping not to for a good while. I'm supposed to be
getting a call this month to chat about a killer job. It's a back door
deal brokered by a friend that works there. Would be the job of my
dreams and would allow me to bring my wife here when her daughter
graduates, and put her through a culinary school. My buddy's been there
6 years and is the junior, most have been there 15-26 years. It's the
sort of place I could work until ready to retire. Yeah, there's still a
few places like that in this country. I consider myself fortunate to
live within commuting distance to one and have a friend on the inside.

Wish I was there now though, my stepson is bowling in the Bradman Letter
cricket match as I'm writing this. He's the most outstanding bowler in
the region, but Coota is a small town and hard pressed to put a good
team together in 16 and under. This match is played between Cootamundra
where Don Bradman was born, and Bowral where he grew up.
In 30 years, Coota's only won 4 times. David's a wicked fast bowler.
I've faced him bowling just tennis balls and have zero chance of hitting
one. (well, doesn't help that I swing the cricket bat like a Louisville
Slugger, lol...) I'll have to wait a few hours for them to ring me back
with the results...

Jon