Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default NEC for dummies

HeyBub wrote the following:
willshak wrote:

Actually, it could refer to almost anything, that's why I was asking.

"The term affirmative action refers to policies that take race,
ethnicity, physical disabilities, military career, sex, or a
person's parents' social class into consideration in an attempt to
promote equal opportunity or increase ethnic or other forms of
diversity."

Somehow, talent, education, and experience, is missing from that
policy.

Well, yeah. Those go to ability, merit, talent; all qualities of elitism
which is what affirmative action is meant to overcome.

Yeah, overcome ability, merit, talent, experience, and expertise.
Who would you like to have perform heart surgery on you:
A black surgeon who attained his degree under the same conditions as a
white doctor, or one who got his degree because of affirmative action?

Here's a simple question illustrating the pervasiveness of affirmative
action: What percentage of the population of London is African-American?
(answer below)

Virtually zero. Blacks in London would be called (by Americans)
"African-Anglos." The British have a word for blacks, but I don't know what
it is.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY