Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Nine new engines? -- six new transmissions? -- 60 new engines and transmissions?

Jon Anderson wrote:

250k miles? Only time will tell...

btw, I've been very impressed with my wife's Ford Sapphire over in Oz.
While not a hot rod, it has oodles of torque. It takes a fair bit of
concentration on my part to keep it under 110km/hr on the highway. Even
on a decent grade, a few moments distraction and I've found myself up to
120-130. I took a peek under the hood, it's a monster straight 6 with
fuel injection. I'd long wondered how a big straight 6 would work with
FI, now I know. And I'll bet taken care of, that engine is good for
several hundred thousand miles, easy.

Dad had a Ford falcon with a 170? and later a Plymouth Duster with a slant six. Those
cars both made the quarter million point.

Have you moved to OZ already?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller