brad

Default Sorry- OT Re Google Groups- WTF?

Fellow Wreckers-

I apologize for burdening you with such an OT post. I could have
spent a long time searching for and trying to figure this out on my
own. I don't have the time and I'm hoping you'll understand and be
your usual helpful selves.

I use google groups to follow this newsgroup. About half the time I
go to rec.woodworking, when I click on a topic, instead of that thread
coming up on my screen, at the first message in the thread, I instead
see two "windows." The one on the left shows the identities of the
various posters to the thread, in a list, in order. On the right panel
are the thread messages themselves. Usually the message visible in
the right panel is not the first message in the thread. To view the
thread the way I am accustomed to and more comfortable doing, I have
to: 1) scroll up the left "list" panel to the top, 2) click "no
frames," 3)then, after the view reverts to the way I'm accustomed to,
with the messages appearing full screen, I have to navigate to the
start of the thread. What a pain!

And yet, I have NO idea why this happens only some times and not
others. I haven't changed any settings (that I'm aware of), and I'm
certainly not intentionally changing any setting back and forth. Yet,
this seems to happen completely randomly.

Any clues for the clueless?

Eternally Grateful,
Brad