Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Clearing snow ....

On 10/01/2010 11:09, Arthur 51 wrote:
from pavement outside terraced huse....
Most of it solid so I'm sorely tempted to whip out my
heat gun and melt the crap away.

Arthur

Spade (don't usually need a shovel so have not got one) and stiff broom.
And a few handfuls of dishwasher salt. And quite a lot of exercise.

For the first time yesterday I saw a group of people clearing the end of
a road together (a steep turn which would block them even if the rest of
their road were not too bad). Quite obviously is was impassable to most
vehicles but it took them a while to do anything despite the
considerable number of people who live up that road.

On my little bit I seem to be the only one who has actively cleared snow
but someone at the other end of the loop has been sprinkling a bit of
grit/salt. And several people have been driving over the snow making it
into a very slippery packed ice.

And the good old journos come out with all the legal pitfalls of
clearing. Wish they would put up a few articles about the best
techniques, how good it can be for you, etc.

--
Rod