Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Vacuum

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:15:50 -0800 (PST), Moray wrote:

I am thinking hard on buying a vacuum unit for my lathe. I have looked
at the holdfast system which produces 19hg. A used pump I have seen
produces 22 hg. Is the difference a big one or is the 19 inches
enough. If anyone has the holdfast system I would like to know how it
is working out and up to what size/weight bowls can it handle.
Thanks for any input. Murray

The holdfast never made sense to me.. why stick a tube through a perfectly good
hollow spindle?

Talk to Bill Noble about used pumps and how to build your own system, or have
him build some of the parts, like the rotary valve..
http://www.wbnoble.com/

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing