Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Some people are really just plain stupid

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 18:20:35 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

1. Almost all women have average IQs (90-110), yielding an average of
100. Theirs is not a bell curve so much as a horizontal line. 2. Men
are pretty evenly distributed between 50 and 150, again yielding an
average of 100. Men's intelligence curve is also pretty much a
straight line but instead of horizontal, it's diagonal.

Interesting, if true. I did a Google and every reference I could find
says it's a bell curve. Would you please cite a reference supporting
the straight line hypothesis. I'd like to read it.

"Studies consistently show greater variance in the performance of men
compared to that of women (i.e., men are more represented at the extremes of
performance), and that men and women have statistically significant
differences in average scores on tests of particular abilities"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_intelligence

So there's a greater variance among men. Men on the big-dummy side of the
curve are locked-up, driven out of town, live under a bridge, or get killed
early. The women just putter along.

For women, it IS a bell curve, it's just pretty flat like a very intelligent
woman's boobs.

I recall reading a peer-reviewed article in the Journal of Irreproducible
Results years ago that showed a female's IQ could be approximated as a
function of breast and waist measurements. As I recall the formula looked
something like:

IQ = 75 / SQRT [Breast - Waist]

Lab PhD (32/29) = 75 / SQRT (3) = 130
Lab Receptionist (36/22) = 75 / SQRT (14) = 75/3.75 = 20
Pregnant tecnician (34/58) = Imaginary number

The authors concluded more work was needed on the equation.