Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Some people are really just plain stupid

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:07:58 -0800, the infamous "Rusty"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"Larry C" wrote in message
I am Woodcraft yesterday and I am looking at the Saw Stop saws. No money
to buy one, but just thinking when I upgrade maybe I will go that route.
On the saw there is a video playing that is demonstrating the how the saw
works.

Some other customer stands next to me and says: "What they don't tell you
is that after the saw does its thing in an emergency you need to buy new
parts from them to make the saw work again."

I say: "But you still have your fingers"

He then says: "But your saw won't work again until you buy the parts -
from them!"

I almost replied again with "You still have your fingers" but I figured
it was pointless. Apparently this guy has figured out that the corporate
plan is to save your fingers but stick it to you in the wallet
afterwards.

Larry C

Too bad you did not think to ask him about Global Warming. LOL

I love how the anti climate change conspiracists

Huh? ACCC? Oh, you mean _skeptics_, those of us who don't fall for
the overinflated charts and Chicken Little stories of the alarmists?
And why does a finger saver relate to Warming? OK, with fewer
fingeers, we couldn't give you alarmists 'the finger' as often. Was
that it?

always come out in winter...it's not that hot right now!

And the AGWK alarmists always present in August, the hottest month.

Talking 1.5 to 3.5 degrees more at the poles than at the equator. The ice
flows are disappearing .
But then again maybe that puddle at the end of your driveway didn't have ice
on it like it did the same time last year.
Do your own research ..lol

Can you read? Try some of these:

_Hard Green_
by Peter Huber

_The Skeptical Envioronmentalist_
by Bjorn Lomborg

_Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming_
by Bjorn Lomborg (His newest book)

_Shattered Consensus: The True State of Global Warming_
by Patrick J. Michaels

_Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1,500 Years_
by S. Fred Singer and Dennis Avery

_Terrestrial Energy_
by William tucker

_The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and
Environmentalism_
by Christopher Horner

_The Deniers: The World Renowned Scientists Who Stood Up Against
Global Warming Hysteria, Political Persecution, and Fraud**And those
who are too fearful to do so_
by Lawrence Solomon

_Earth Report 2000_
editor Roy Spencer, famous scientific authors

_State of Fear_ (bibliography, 23 or so pages of enviro books)
by Michael Crichton

and then get back to us, 'K?

If you're still an AGWK whacko after reading a few of those books,
I'll eat my hat.

--
We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession
with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution