Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Some people are really just plain stupid

On Jan 8, 2:24*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
"Larry C" wrote :

I am Woodcraft yesterday and I am looking at the Saw Stop saws. *No
money to buy one, but just thinking when I upgrade maybe I will go
that route. *On the saw there is a video playing that is demonstrating
the how the saw works.

Some other customer stands next to me and says: "What they don't tell
you is that after the saw does its thing in an emergency you need to
buy new parts from them to make the saw work again."

I say: "But you still have your fingers"

He then says: "But your saw won't work again until you buy the parts -
from them!"

I almost replied again with "You still have your fingers" but I
figured it was pointless. *Apparently this guy has figured out that
the corporate plan is to save your fingers but stick it to you in the
wallet afterwards.

Larry C

You've also got to get a new blade, too. *I'm curious if the SawStop
technology would be effective enough if it would fire and just drop the
blade totally in to the saw rather than jamming it in to a piece of
metal. *I realize there's no possibility of a second stage, where if
contact is still being made it could then stop the blade.

I'd rather have my fingers.

Puckdropper

Interesting new technology being developed he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHajjMUrSOg

The blade is saved. The blade stops by use of a "proximity sensor".