Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Some people are really just plain stupid

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

You've also got to get a new blade, too. I'm curious if the SawStop
technology would be effective enough if it would fire and just drop the
blade totally in to the saw rather than jamming it in to a piece of
metal. I realize there's no possibility of a second stage, where if
contact is still being made it could then stop the blade.

I'd rather have my fingers.

Puckdropper

Think about that for a sec, if the blade simply fell below the surface and
continued to spin,,,, do you think a blade that is spinning against a finger
and moving down 1-3 inches would cut you? I think it would be imperative
that the blade stop spinning and perhaps not drop below the surface as an
alternative.