Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_4_] Jay-T[_4_] is offline

Default Glue sheetrock to masonry wall?

"benick" wrote in message
. ..

"RicodJour" wrote in message

I don't think the sound reduction will warrant the effort, but, be
that as it may, you can use joint compound to glue up the drywall or
pretty much any adhesive caulk you want (if you use enough of it).
You will need to rig up something to brace the boards against the wall
so you won't get any bulging or have a wavy surface. Check out the
USG web site for specifics on bonding with joint compound. Setting-
type compound will shorten the required bracing time significantly.

----------------

Ditto to the above...Done it many times..I use USG Durabond 45 Setting
Type Joint Compound to glue it on...Just make SURE you have EVERYTHING
ready to go as the compound will set in 45 minutes..ie. tools bracing ,
help , ect..They do have longer times available (90,220) but 45 minutes is
enough if your ready and you'll have to do it in steps as well so the wait
till you can go again is short....5/8 works better as it is more ridgid
and won't look wavy if you don't brace it good...HTH...Oh , it won't make
a lick of difference on your sound problem...But heh , it's your baby...

Interesting. I had never heard of using joint compound for something like
this. I have used the 45-minute setting type, which I like, but not for
that. I'm assuming some kind of notched thin set type of trowel would work
best to create an even coating.