EvoDawg

Default Making wood filler

Steve Goodin wrote:

Anyone have suggestions for making my own wood filler?
I am making white oak furniture and have a few small gaps and nicks I will
need to fill. No store bought products seem to be working very well.
A woodworker friend suggested sanding some white oak and mixing the dust
with 2# Shellac to make a paste. Another friend claims that will be too
shiny and I should mix it with something else.
Any of you fine woodworkers have any thoughts?
Thanks,
Steve

Mix glue and the sawdust from the project your gluing. works great! But you
may have a hard time getting it to take stain.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"