Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Some people are really just plain stupid

I have personally never been at risk of having my wiener injured by
the table saw but I think I would be willing to a pay a little more
for the saw if it would help avoid that. I guess maybe I should be
careful, the darng thing is so long it could get all tangled up and at
risk of injury during a ripping op if I wasn't careful.

On Jan 7, 2:18*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 7, 4:33*pm, "Larry C"
wrote:

I am Woodcraft yesterday and I am looking at the Saw Stop saws. *No money to
buy one, but just thinking when I upgrade maybe I will go that route. *On
the saw there is a video playing that is demonstrating the how the saw
works.

Some other customer stands next to me and says: "What they don't tell you is
that after the saw does its thing in an emergency you need to buy new parts
from them to make the saw work again."

I say: "But you still have your fingers"

He then says: "But your saw won't work again until you buy the parts - from
them!"

I almost replied again with "You still have your fingers" but I figured it
was pointless. *Apparently this guy has figured out that the corporate plan
is to save your fingers but stick it to you in the wallet afterwards.

Larry C

He was probably trying to offset the cost of a wiener vs the cost of
the replacement part.- Hide quoted text -