Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_3_] Jay-T[_3_] is offline

Default Glue sheetrock to masonry wall?

RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 7, 10:25 am, "Jay-T" wrote:

Sorry, but I forgot to add that there is no room to do any kind of
build-out or to add furring strips, etc. Adding just the sheetrock
will already be pushing the limit a little due to doors, trim,
kitchen cabinets, etc. that are along or adjacent to the existing
wall.

So, my only option is to glue or otherwise attach sheetrock directly
to the existing wall.

If you feel that is your only option, what exactly are you asking?

Here is eaxactly what I am asking (from my original post):

My question is, how should I attach the new sheetrock to the existing wall?
Can I just glue it to the existing wall or do I need to use some type of
fasteners in addition to glue? Maybe just glue it and only use a few screws
to hold it in place while the glue dries? I haven't tried seeing if
sheetrock screws will go into the wall yet, but I can try that. Or, maybe
some kind of Tapcon screws would be needed -- but I'd like to avoid having
to do a lot of drilling etc. for a whole wall.

Also, what type of glue should I be using? I've seen Liquid Nails,
LockTite, etc. but don't know which to choose.