Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Tormek jigs on a Bench Grinder

Fred Holder wrote:
Hello Kevin,

They are solid steel frames and should work at higher speeds. A friend
of mine, Jack Wayne, uses them on his high speed grinder and claims
that they work better there than on the slow speed grinder. I think he
was using only a 180 grit wheel on his high speed grinder and was
getting beautifully polished bevels.

Great. I'm running a 120 grit white wheel right now but may have to
look into the diamond wheel. How does one dress them, or do they ever
need dressing? I find adding a bit of water to my diamond hones helps a
lot as they clog pretty easily otherwise.

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska