Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder[_2_] Fred Holder[_2_] is offline

Default Tormek jigs on a Bench Grinder

On Jan 6, 1:32 pm, Kevin Miller wrote:
Fred Holder wrote:
Inicdentally, I have diamond wheels on my dry grinder from Andre
Martel in Canada. The 360 grit comes pretty close to producing the
sharpness one can obtain on the Tormek.

What speed's the grinder? Will those work on a 3500 rpm or should they
just be used on a 1750?

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaskahttp://www.alaska.net/~atftb

Hello Kevin,

They are solid steel frames and should work at higher speeds. A friend
of mine, Jack Wayne, uses them on his high speed grinder and claims
that they work better there than on the slow speed grinder. I think he
was using only a 180 grit wheel on his high speed grinder and was
getting beautifully polished bevels.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net