Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much are you spending on heating per day during this cold spell?

In article ,
MM writes:
Not including residual heat from cooking, vacuum cleaner, kiddies etc.
I've just bought an Argos mini oil-filled heater for £24.99 (800W)
because I don't like leaving my little computer room (to go and get
food etc) with the fan heater left switched on.

The oil-filled one is heating the room nicely, although more slowly
than with the fan heater. But I reckon the heated oil will maintain
the desired room temperature for longer between times when the
thermostat switches off. It's been on now (on thermostat) for approx
40 minutes and my Tschibo usage meter says it's used 4½ pence worth so
far (11.5 pence per unit here). Room is approx 2.8m x 2.4m.

I'm working at home at the moment, and my office is the living room table.
Central heating is on until 9am. From 9am through to about 7pm, I am just
using the air conditioner in the living room for heating. It used 1.5 units
yesterday (about 20p?). So far today, it's used 0.26 units. (-5C outside).

--
Andrew Gabriel