Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much are you spending on heating per day during this cold spell?

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 06:40:50 +0000, MM wrote:

Well we are using about 25l of oil/day at 40p/l (when we bought at
the end of Oct, I think it's about 45p/l now) so that's £10/day.

£70 a week is A LOT.

Large old solid stone building, dry lined but not insulated, not
fully properly double glazed(*). Outside temp hasn't been much above
freezing for 25 days. The 26th did get to 2C for a lot of that 24hrs.

(*) 5 mm gap sealed units in ordinary timber frames, so not quite as
bad as single glazed but still a little drafty.

--
Cheers
Dave.