Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_3_] Jay-T[_3_] is offline

Default Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Question: How do you adjust for height? I installed a wooden pulldown
many years ago and had to trim the bottom of the steps to allow it to
open all of the way.

How does that work with an aluminum ladder?

Same method -- trim the bottom. I used a circular saw with a metal cutting
blade. I probably could just as easily used a hack saw. It was a little
tricky (for me) figuirng the length and the angle for the cut. I cut it a
little long for the first try, just to get it close. Then, I made the final
cut so it would stay fully straightened and flat on the floor at the bottom.