Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder[_2_] Fred Holder[_2_] is offline

Default Tormek jigs on a Bench Grinder

On Jan 6, 4:24 am, Maxwell Lol wrote:
I have a Tormek, and I found that re-shaping a HSS gouge is a PITA.
Tormek recently announced a package (BGM-100) that lets you use your
Tormek jigs on a bench grinder. It's just an additional jig bar and
holder.

Here's the tip - if you buy one before January 15, you can get a free
additional horizontal base, so you can use the jig bar on both wheels.

It just arrived, but it looks like I can easily have both my Wolverine
and the Tormek on the same grinder.

I've been using a rig on my dry grinder to allow the use of the Tormek
jigs on the dry grinder for over a year now. Last year at the AAW
symposium I picked up a BGM 100 and was able to then set it up to use
the jigs on both of my grinding wheels. There is very little grinding
needed when one moves to the Tormek after shaping on the dry grinder.
Inicdentally, I have diamond wheels on my dry grinder from Andre
Martel in Canada. The 360 grit comes pretty close to producing the
sharpness one can obtain on the Tormek.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net