Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:27:03 -0600, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:03:04 -0800, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 00:50:55 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

I was working in the Los Angeles area in 1989 when it snowed! The little
Mexican kids were very confused. Must have been Global Cooling.

I was there too. It never snowed. Perhaps you confuse hail w/ snow.

I hear of snow falling in the LA area (probably only part of it) maybe
every 10-20 years or so.

December 2008*

Last year I got 8" of snow in Las Vegas. Prior, in another house some
years ago it also snowed with 6-8" that stuck and drove people crazy.
They couldn't drive safely.

That must have been wild. Southern california gets 50-100 car
pile-ups when it rains. I can't imagine what snow in LV was like.

(actually the pileups in socal were due to fog. A coworker who drove
in it said that on day 1 they'd drive 25mph; day 2 45mph; day 3 back to
60mph with 1 carlength tailgateing then they'd have their pileup)

We get so little rain here, a 1/3 inch will send people into wrecks.
The roads soak up the oil and when it does eventually rain the cars go
crazy. People can't text, change clothes, put on make up or touch
themselves. I stay home.

Once this year we actually got a "good rain" that lasted most of the
day. no way would I go out there and tussle with those drivers.