Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

In ,
BobR wrote:
On Jan 5, 8:16*am, "Master Betty" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

The Global warming alarmists will tell you that weather extremes are
caused by global warming

True....We're having an unusually cold winter and last summer was the
hottest on record. Weird. I hope we never have another summer like the last
one. This cold weather is a nice change. Not good for citrus farmers though.

Don't know where you are located but last summer wasn't anywhere near
a record around here but it is turning into a really cold winter.
That said, neither the summer or this winter is anything that I
haven't seen several times in my 63 years. I have seen many summers
that were worse and many winters that were worse. Overall, I haven't
seen any significant change in the last 50 years. Personally, a
little warming wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

This year reminds me a little of 1976 and the winter of 1976-1977.

In 1976, after a mild winter and a freakish record-smashing April
heatwave, it got on the cool side in Philadelphia. That summer is the
coolest in my memory. I don't know off-hand what the June-July-August
stretch average temperature was for 1976 or is long-term in Philadelphia,
but that summer was cool Highest temperature that summer in Philadelphia
was 93 degrees F. Nearly all years have at least one day achieving 95 and
a majority have at least one day achieving 97 in my experience. Highest
temperature that Philadelphia officially achieved in 1976 was 94 degrees F
on April 18th.

The following fall was chilly, with an October somewhat like November,
and a November more like December.

The following winter was colder than all prior ones since 1874, despite
a February warmup that was almost "spring coming very early". January
1977 was Philadelphia's coldest January. Miami got snow flurries that
month - according to the news media, for the first time on record.

Globally, 1976 was merely the coolest year since 1964 (and there were no
cooler years afterwards).

- Don Klipstein )