Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 23:52:51 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

In , The Daring Dufas wrote:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

Birmingham sometimes gets cold. A few times a decade, maybe every
other year the Orlando area gets down to freezing.

REAL cold. Almost like Phenix City, Alabama. Orlando farmers are
running sprinklers to save strawberries and citrus.

Miami got snow flurries in January 1977.

Seen it with my own eyes. Cold as hell

Birmingham (or at least parts of its immediate metro area) even got
10 inches of snow from the Blizzard of 1993.

Stuff like this sometimes happens.

Central PA we had a tundra that year... got pictures...

'The Perfect Storm" Once boss slept under her desk, others on the
floor.

Me? I drove back and forth and there were no vehicles on the highway.
The PA interstate was shut down. Emergency travel only.

Don't get me started about climate change in Lake Placid/Saranac Lake,
NY 1990. Summer was on the 4th of July.