Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

On Jan 5, 12:43*pm, "Master Betty" wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message

Master Betty wrote:
It didn't let up. 52 consectutive days of over 100 degrees. Last summer
was the worst ever!

For what definition of "ever"?

--

Goodpoint.

I've been here 6 years and, I always thought it was hot here, but last
summer took the prize.

From what I've heard it was the hottest in "recorded" history. Some time in
the 1800s they started record keeping. Easy to Google. I don't have to. I
lived it. It sucked. My a/c went out too.

AHHHHHHH, Now you have it defined. I would really really feel sorry
for you but I grew up in Temple and we NEVER had an A/C unit to go
out. Guess I became acclimated to the heat and don't notice it nearly
as much as this DAMN COLD. I also don't put too much faith in this
"Hottest in Recorded History" since the record keeping has always been
spotty at best. There is also the issue of the accuracy of our
current temperature guaging stations which have been found to NOT
conform to standards for placement and maintenance. Seems that a lot
of the standard temperature stations are setup in or near parking lots
and external heat sources that call their readings into question.