Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Sears hp ratings

On Jan 5, 1:49*pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
Awl --

In keeping with Sears' auto repair ripoff scheme (prosecuted in mebbe a
dozen states), does anyone recall a smaller scandal on how sears and a bunch
of others rated their motors based on locked-rotor current, or somesuch?

I recall some organization putting a stop to this, but see nothing
immediately apparent on google.
Is sears rating their motors more realistically now, or are they still using
that "peak hp"/locked rotor current bull****?
--
EA

The link on the other post gives another link:
http://www.aircompressorsettlement.com/

You'll have to go to www.archive.org and hit the Wayback function to
see what's what. Can't get to the archives here, they filter it out,
but it looks like 2007 was the last year for the link.

I think they had something similar with vacuum cleaners, too.

Stan