Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default It's starting, people

"William Wixon" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

All right, now we're cooking. Explosions, mass killings. Hey, how about
an update of "Doom," called "Doomsday"?

You can select the hated ethnic group of your choice for the enemy. If
you kill ten homeless Arabs, you get two cans of Spam and a box of gopher
jerky.

--
Ed Huntress

interesting show on pbs late last night "The War of the World". this
episode was about the cold war, how super powers had proxies fight their
wars for them. the thing about this episode that struck me was you got
the feeling that ethnic rivalries figured into a large part of the wars
the narrator described (genocides in rwanda, yugoslavia, cambodia). it
was scary. he laid out the conditions that spawned ethnic flare ups.
economic collapse was large among them. i thought of some of the
discussions here. i think the program was dated 2007. he was saying the
people at teh edges of empire suffer the worst. made me wonder if the
middle east would be considered being at the edge of empire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtw6UWx_UuA

check out this guy's artwork. (i get a feeling from him of ethnic/racial
tolerance.)

http://www.jr-art.net/

i found this image in particular striking.

(http://www.jr-art.net/ themes Brésil )

http://www.jr-art.net/images/photos/...videncia_1.jpg

Neat images. Big Sister is Watching You? Scary.

--
Ed Huntress