Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy

Knock, knock, knock ...........

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,oooooooooooooo.oo ooooooooo

(echo)

Is anybody in there?

Go look at the ladders. Compare. Look at thicknesses or materials. Length
of metal bracing. Size and number of springs. Anything else that you can
compare on the two ladders. Methods of attatchment. Paint grade or not?
Wood or MDF (or whatever).

If you need this much help deciding between two ladders just on a comparison
basis, think of the complicated drama of installation.

Really. You have two ladders that you can sit side by side and compare. I
know you want someone to tell you what is best, but I think you can look at
the two and pick the better one. Both companies make quality ladders. I
would say Louisville tends towards products with more wood, and Werner is
more towards fiberglass. Do you want a fold down, or a slide down?

Now, do I use Phillips head screws or Robertson?

You could also ask the geek there, and if you get real lucky, you might just
find someone who actually knows what they're talking about, and they can
help you.

Steve