Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default It's starting, people

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

All right, now we're cooking. Explosions, mass killings. Hey, how about an
update of "Doom," called "Doomsday"?

You can select the hated ethnic group of your choice for the enemy. If you
kill ten homeless Arabs, you get two cans of Spam and a box of gopher
jerky.

--
Ed Huntress

interesting show on pbs late last night "The War of the World". this
episode was about the cold war, how super powers had proxies fight their
wars for them. the thing about this episode that struck me was you got the
feeling that ethnic rivalries figured into a large part of the wars the
narrator described (genocides in rwanda, yugoslavia, cambodia). it was
scary. he laid out the conditions that spawned ethnic flare ups. economic
collapse was large among them. i thought of some of the discussions here.
i think the program was dated 2007. he was saying the people at teh edges
of empire suffer the worst. made me wonder if the middle east would be
considered being at the edge of empire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtw6UWx_UuA

check out this guy's artwork. (i get a feeling from him of ethnic/racial
tolerance.)

http://www.jr-art.net/

i found this image in particular striking.

(http://www.jr-art.net/ themes Brésil )

http://www.jr-art.net/images/photos/...videncia_1.jpg