Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy

As the subject states, here are 2 that I saw at the local home
centers:

Werner AL2210 300lb rating $195 at Lowes.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

Louisville AA229GS 350lb rating $159 at Home Depot.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

The only difference I can tell is the Louisville has higher weight
rating and has foam boards on the panel for better insulation. So why
Lowes is selling the Werner for almost $40 more, I don't know.

*I looked at these types of ladders several years ago. One thing that I
noticed at the time was the size of the steps. Some have 3" and some have
4" wide steps. That may be what the price difference is with the two that
you are looking at. Incidentally the links above are the same. I could not
see the Louisville ladder.