Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Seeking "Split Ring" Compression Fitting Spanner

drugs began to take hold. I remember PeterC
saying something like:

And what was the wall thickness and depth of this ring spanner to start
with? I suspect it was a fairly hefty old piece.

Third-world job: England, Bedford vanadium. Wall's about 2.5mm/1.5mm,
12-point. Obviously I use a lever through t'other end.

Bugger. The exception that etc.
I admit that Bedford vanadium spanners were tough old things, but I'd
like to see that used day-in, day-out on taps and see how long it takes
before the jaws spread.