Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy

On Jan 4, 11:43*am, Mikepier wrote:
As the subject states, here are 2 that I saw at the local home
centers:

Werner AL2210 *300lb rating $195 at Lowes.http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=304101-...

Louisville AA229GS 350lb rating $159 at Home Depot.http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=304101-...

The only difference I can tell is the Louisville has higher weight
rating and has foam boards on the panel for better insulation. So why
Lowes is selling the Werner for almost $40 more, I don't know.

It's not just the weight rating you need to be concerned with, but
also the width.

I would suggest the widest ladder you can get if for nothing more than
the convenience. Carrying boxes and other items up a narrow
"staircase" and into a narrow opening can be a real pain.

Question: How do you adjust for height? I installed a wooden pulldown
many years ago and had to trim the bottom of the steps to allow it to
open all of the way.

How does that work with an aluminum ladder?