Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy

On Jan 4, 12:16*pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:02:05 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Mikepier wrote:

snip

rating and has foam boards on the panel for better insulation. So why
Lowes is selling the Werner for almost $40 more, I don't know.

Because they can get it?

Probably exactly right. *At a friend's yesterday, he was asking how
they could charge 4 and change for some dip at some store, but 2.75 at
another store. *And the hostess said what you did.

Isn't Werner THE name in ladders. *Are they any better than
Louisville? * It probably refers to Louiville, China. Also proably
Werners, China.

Yeah, I have never heard of Louisville, but I don't pay a whole lot of
attention to ladders either. However Werner's name is all over the
place.

The thing that I found amusing is that I was at the Orange Colored
Store the other day and thought that maybe I would pick up a small
ladder to help me get up into my attic. Turns out that a 6'
stepladder was significantly cheaper than a 4' stepladder, and I
already had a 6' ladder so I just dragged it out of the garage. Was a
little less convenient than using a shorter ladder, but I couldn't see
paying $60 for one. The one that I already had, I could have bought
another one for about $40 IIRC. makes no sense to me.

nate