Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:02:05 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Mikepier wrote:
As the subject states, here are 2 that I saw at the local home
centers:

Werner AL2210 300lb rating $195 at Lowes.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

Louisville AA229GS 350lb rating $159 at Home Depot.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...=cr&lpage=none

The only difference I can tell is the Louisville has higher weight

So how fat are you? And what's the heaviest thing you'll ever be able
to carry up the stairs?

rating and has foam boards on the panel for better insulation. So why
Lowes is selling the Werner for almost $40 more, I don't know.

Because they can get it?

Probably exactly right. At a friend's yesterday, he was asking how
they could charge 4 and change for some dip at some store, but 2.75 at
another store. And the hostess said what you did.

Isn't Werner THE name in ladders. Are they any better than
Louisville? It probably refers to Louiville, China. Also proably
Werners, China.