Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Old Guy Old Guy is offline

Default Filling cracks w/ CA

I've done the same thing except i wipe a thin coat of whatever I'm
going to finish the bowl with over the crack. It prevents the blotch,
and doesn't have to be sanded away.

Old guy

On Jan 3, 12:28*pm, Gerald Ross wrote:
Occasionally while sanding a bowl I find a hairline crack. Filling it
with CA glue leaves a blotch around the crack where the glue soaked
into the surface. *I have learned to avoid this by the following method..

Using an old candle I rub around the crack parallel to the crack. Then
I take a dental hook tool and clean any wax out of the crack, then
fill the crack with CA and spray on the hardener. The wax sands off,
leaving the filled crack.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA