Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Arrow Trucking Shuts Doors

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:42:39 -0600, Ignoramus7943
wrote:

I shipped several items via Arrow. One was particularly surprising. I
shipped a walk behind electric pallet lift (weight 350+ lbs) from IL
to TX, with liftgate pickup, for just $250.

Here it is:

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Forklift/

I was wondering how they were making money. Now I know.

================
I don't know if this is still the case, but in many past trucking
company bankruptcies, attorneys for the creditors and/or court
have been able to go back several years and collect additional
freight charges from the shippers when the low rates were never
officially registered/ published, under the doctrine of
fraudulent conveyance.

Some higher volume shippers have had to pay hundreds of thousands
of dollars in additional freight charges, the difference between
what they paid and the "official"/registered/published rate.

Ed or John -- do you know if this is still the case?

There really isn't a time bar but 18 months is typically observed unless
there is provable collusion.
That is one of the difficulties in dealing with folks that are knwn in
advance to be insolvent.
You can end up on the line for the entire amount owed creditors or the tax
authorities because of the Tort.

--
John R. Carroll