Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Seeking "Split Ring" Compression Fitting Spanner

"Vortex5" wrote in message

"Tim W" wrote in message
Vortex5
wibbled on Sunday 03 January 2010 15:59

Thermal store will be pushed into that corner.

My goal has been to have zero inaccessible joints.

I was concerned about that with mine. Plan is to have the all pipes above
the top of the unit - except for 4 straights going directly through a
wall
at the back corner - but those could be cut, and reinserted and rejointed
clear of the tank, being straight... This makes sense for me as all the
CH
pipes need to head ceilingwards, the boiler is nearby and high level and
the
PlateX and pump assembly will be high up on the wall.

I've gone to the trouble to cover the wall with floor to ceiling wood
battens every 2 foot to make fixing the pipes simple. I still need to do
number of crossovers with vertical runs so it's going to get interesting.
think I will spend a week planning it on paper before I touch a pipe
cutter!

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

I am installing an XCEL 2009 from www.heatweb.com

I have opted for the unvented system option, which introduces a variety of
complications, not least finding a home for the 100 litre expansion
vessel. All resolved though.

Because the overall system volume will approach 600 litres it will need a
lot of inhibitor. I have put check valves all over the place so I can
deal with most leaks or problems without draining down the main store. I
am however troubled by the thought of losing 50 quids worth of inhibitor
If I have to drain down the whole thing!

All being well should be commissioned within a week, and I intend to run
it for a while with no new inhibitor to check integrity first.

Are you using the vented expansion vessel?

Put in full bore valve as isolators to avoid losing the inhibitor.